Same Day Care Clinic
The SDCC is intended for treatment of non-life threatening illnesses or
injuries that require urgent or same day attention such as:
- Bumps, bruises or sprains
- Cold and flu, cough, fever
- Headache, back or neck pain
- Rashes, eczema, infected cuts or minor sores
- Sinus infection, sore throat, ear ache
- Sore eyes with redness or infection
- Stomach pain, diarrhea and vomiting, urinary infections or indigestion
- Stress or anxiety
SDCC hours are Monday to Thursday, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm; Friday, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm.
- The SDCC is by appointment.
- Appointment times available on same day basis.
- Appointments can be made by phone or in person.
- Call 326-3401 to make an appointment, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Steinbach Family Medical facility hours, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm.
- You may be asked to indicate the reason for your visit.
- Narcotic drugs will not be dispensed or prescribed in the SDCC.
- Please bring your Manitoba Health card with you.
Most Steinbach Family Medical physicians keep same day spots available for their patients. Check with your physician office prior to calling the SDCC. The Clinic does not provide regular patient care through the SDCC.
The SDCC is not intended to be the place to renew drug prescriptions. Patients should contact their family physician prior to running out of medication. Patients with non-urgent medical concerns may be referred to their family physician.
Do not call the SDCC if you require emergency care. Emergency care is considered life threatening and requires immediate attention such as:
- Heart attack or chest pain
- Loss of consciousness or convulsions
- Major fractures
Call 911 or proceed to the nearest hospital if you require emergency care.
We are pleased to have on-site laboratory services for your convenience. Lab hours are Monday to Friday,
7:30 am – 4:00 pm. The lab is operated by Dynacare Medical Laboratories. Please contact them directly at (204) 326-1617 with any enquiries you may have regarding their services.
Drug & Alcohol Testing
The Clinic provides drug and alcohol testing services to employers who are required to perform pre-employment and random testing on their employees. Please call (204) 326-3401 to enquire about appointment times and fees for these services.