Steinbach Family Medical (SFM) is the largest fee-for-service clinic in the East District of the Southern RHA area with 20 Family Physicians and 5 General Surgeons. We are a diverse, innovative group working in a modern facility that opened in 2017, located in the City of Steinbach, third largest city in Manitoba; population of 15,800 and growing, just 40 minutes southeast of Winnipeg.
We will help you create a schedule and patient mix that meets your career goals and provides work/life balance.
- Collegial and supportive environment
- Full EMR with large display workstation in each exam room
- University of Manitoba rural teaching facility
- Steinbach My Health Team partner
- Professional, on-site administration, in-house billing, support staff
- Diverse practice opportunities in addition to clinical work
- A clinic practice combined with Same Day Care Clinic (WI by appointment), Monday – Friday
- A clinic practice combined with in-hospital and/or PCH coverage
- No ER call requirement
- OBS call and Locum opportunities may be available
- 5% rural premium paid on all FFS claims and call stipends
- Overhead discount available in year one
All candidates must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Manitoba and be CCFP certified or eligible. We are seeking Family Physicians with varied interests.
Start a meaningful career at Steinbach Family Medical
- Ideally located in the Bethesda Primary Care Centre, an interdisciplinary facility opened in 2017
- A University of Manitoba rural teaching facility
- Professional on-site administration & support staff
- The largest fee-for-service clinic in Southeastern Manitoba
- Satellite clinic at the Steinbach Regional Secondary School
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Easy remote access capability in EMR
MY Health Team Partner Resources
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Chronic Disease Nurses
- Wound Care Nurse
- Shared Care Mental Health Counselors
On Site Resources
- Quick Care Clinic
- Southern Health Community Services
- Adjacent Medical Mall with additional allied health professionals
Make Yourself at Home
With a small town feel, Steinbach has the benefits of a big city, all the while being committed to the community and ensuring a safe place to live. It is an affordable, growing community for the young and young at heart.
There are six schools in Steinbach from K–12 and over ten in the surrounding communities, each with the same goal of nurturing the next generation.
We invite you to discover more, experience more and share the good life that has always made Steinbach ‘worth the trip’. From summer to winter, Steinbach has a variety of recreational opportunities to experience.